About every five years the Federal Government passes a massive, far-reaching “Farm Bill” with the main aim of providing an adequate national supply of food and nutrition. The Bill affects all facets of the U.S. food system including nutrition assistance, crop subsidies, crop insurance, research, and conservation. The 2014 Farm Bill directed the spending of about $450 billion.
The 2018 U.S. Farm Bill is on track to ignore aquaponics unless we make our voices heard! Here are some ways to get involved:
- Share a copy of the: Aquaponics Association 2018 U.S. Farm Bill Fact Sheet PDF
- Click here to join the: Aquaponics Association 2018 Farm Bill Coalition. Coalition Members will:
- be signed onto Farm Bill Coalition messages to Congress;
- receive updates and information about the 2018 Farm Bill; and
- receive action alerts when opportunities arise for you to get involved.
- Click here to read our Aquaponics Sign-on Letter to Congress.
Here's our 2018 Farm Bill Fact Sheet: