Brian Filipowich donated 2017-08-28 13:09:38 -0400
Early-Bird Rate (Until August 15th): $275
Friday/Saturday Passport Ticket: $75 (One day ticket for sessions from approximately 12:30pm to 6:00pm)
Saturday Night Passport: $35 (Presentation: "Putting Down Global Roots" featuring Nick Savidov, Murray Hallam, and Phil Reasons. Approximately 6:30 to 8:00. Does NOT include food or beverage.)
Regular (non-passport) tickets include one year of association membership. Current members will have their membership extended.
The Washington Post recently ran an article of interest to the aquaponic community: Tilapia Has a Terrible Reputation. Does it Deserve It? (Tamar Haspel. Washington Post. October 24, 2016.)
The Post found that tilapia has an unfair bad rap, and this should make us aquaponic folk angry! Because its costing us!Read more
Hey Folks, welcome to the new Aquaponics Association Website!
The Aquaponics Association 2017 Conference, Putting Down Roots, is about growing more of our food with aquaponics. We will become the backbone of local food economies with efficient systems that can be placed anywhere, grow year-round, create jobs, save resources, and make us healthier. The conference will help YOU put down roots in your community with aquaponics.
Guests will be able to:
- Participate in moderated discussions and Q&A sessions with successful aquaponic growers;
- Learn the most up-to-date advancements in water chemistry and system design to run your system more efficiently;
- Tour successful rural and urban aquaponics farms;
- Learn the best strategies to get aquaponics in your local STEM programs;
- See the best materials for system construction in our vendor showroom;
- Interact with local Oregon financial, legal and political professionals about their perspective on aquaponics and what they need to hear from us;
- Discuss what role the Association can play to advance our industry with growers from around the country;
- Hear from economists about which aquaponics farms are the most successful and why;
- Ask business experts about the best marketing strategies, and whether rooftops, basements and/or vertical walls are right for you;
- Provide input to food safety discussions that affect the entire industry
- Learn about successful aquaponic systems from around the world.
Conference programming will run from approximately 7:00am Friday to 2:00pm Sunday.
ROOM BLOCK - click here to book in our block and receive the discount rate: https://aws.passkey.com/go/Aquaponics2017WHENNovember 03, 2017 at 12pm - November 05, 2017 at 11amWHERERed Lion Hotel, Portland, OR
909 N Hayden Island Dr
Portland, OR 97217
Google map and directions
Director, Anacostia Aquaponics